Sunday, December 29, 2013

5 Products That Really Do What They Claim!

I don't know about all of you... But, I am super gullible. Anything anyone says I immediately believe. Its honestly ridiculous, I know. Someone could tell me that Obama just jumped off a cliff and I would honestly believe it. So with that said, reading the back of hair products I automatically believe every claim it says and buy it. I'm always like "Cool, this will magically get rid of my split ends!" Girls, nothing can get rid of your split ends lets just get that straight right now... Except a haircut. Sorry to ruin all of your days---from someone who bought every single product out there to try, nothing is going to take two hairs and seal it back into one. It doesn't work like that unfortunately.. I just hate it when products lie to me at the end of the day. I thought I would dedicate a post to all of the products I have tried and all the claims do actually work and your hair will thank you:)

Disclaimer: All of these products are pretty pricy but I learned in beauty school-- You can't wash a Maserati with Dawn Dish Soap! You get out of your hair what you put into it.. 



1) Macadamia Natural Oil Deep Repair Mask--- You can get this from Ulta... It is $33! 

It claims:
"Macadamia Deep Repair Masque is a revitalizing hair reconstructor for dry, damaged hair. A combination of macadamia oil and argon oil along with tea tree oil, chamomile oil, aloe and algae extracts rejuvenate and rebuild the hair, leaving the hair deeply nourished for improved elasticity and shine with long-lasting conditioning benefits"-- per Ultas site

Honestly, I believe every single thing... I use it religiously and my big tub of it has lasted me a year. When I had super long hair my hair was always so gross, just like straw from coloring it so much and what not.. So once a week I would apply this product, use a wide tooth comb to comb through and keep it on for five minutes and wash it out. Sometimes if my hair was so bad I would keep it on overnight and put a shower cap on and boy did my hair love me...

2) Paul Mitchell Shampoo Two-- You can get this from ME at Vitality!

It claims:
"Basics: Deeply cleanses oily hair and scalps.
Benefits: Leaves hair fresh, shiny and full of body.
Bonus: Minimizes oil production so hair becomes less oily over time.
Details: Wheat-derived conditioners boost body and shine. 
Fresh lemon fragrance. 
Color-safe formula"
-Per Paul Mitchell Website

Yet again I believe all of this... I use this again once a week before my Macadamia conditioner to get rid of buildup in my hair and honestly it makes the world of a difference.. I have theee worst oily scalp as you read here so it honestly helped me sooo much. For someone who doesn't use a lot of product in their hair I would use this maybe once a month. It could be a little harsh on the hair if used to often. 

3) Its a 10! Miracle Leave In Product-- You can get this from your hairdresser or Birchbox for $20

It claims:
Does 10 Things INSTANTLY!
1) Repairs Dry, Damaged Hair 2) Adds Shine 3) Detangles 4) Controls Frizz 5) Seals and Protects Hair Color 6) Prevents Split Ends 7) Stops Hair Breakage 8) Creates Silkiness 9) Enhances Natural Body 10) Thermal Protector -Per the back of my bottle ;)

Soooooo basically how about I just say it how it is--- I wouldn't be caught dead without this product. I literally have 3 bottles in my closet right now. If you think I am kidding.... I'm not. This is my holy grail and I honestly think it was the reason my hair got as long as it did (aka last year) This just really sped it up and made my hair feel healthy. Its honestly odd but I swear its like gold in a bottle. 

4) Redken Quick Tease-- You can get this from Ulta for $18

It claims:
"The patented spray technology offers three benefits in one bottle! Mist allows it to instantly create volumizing and texturized results while maintaining a long-lasting matte finish and hold." -Ultas site

I believe it.. My hair sucks at teasing but if you put this bad boy in right before you tease it will be huge and last all day long... I even used to use it just to funk up the rest of my hair a bit to add some grit and texture! Its one of those products at least to me that you would never know it really works until you get it and are amazed. I am obsessed!

5) Sea Salt Spray-- You can get this from Lush for $12.95

It claims:
"Our sea salt, sea water and seaweed spritz holds hair in place, adds shine and gives body for a beach-beautiful look. A gorgeous orange flower, grapefruit, neroli and rosewood blend perfumes the spray. It smells so divine, we've been spritzing it in our hair just to smell the fragrance! Use anytime you want to refresh, re-style or add some volume, texture and shine." -Lush.com

I don't even need to say anything because they just said it all.............. You look and smell just like you have been at the beach all day. Thats my favvvvvve look! Yet again, wouldn't be caught dead without this.




Sorry this blog was so long guys!! But let me know in the comments below what your favorite hair products are-- As you can probably tell I love trying new things! :) Cya lata!


No comments :

Post a Comment

FLOWERS IN EMILYS HAIR. All rights reserved.
Blog design by Labinastudio.