Monday, June 23, 2014

#noheatsummer No Heat for the Week

DISCLAIMER: If you haven't read my last post go check that out now!

As you may, or may not have read I am doing a No Heat Challenge for zee Summaaa 8)
That means no straighteners, no blowdryers, curlers nothin'. But honestly, who has the patience for that bologna in the hot weather?! Not me... So, lets keep cool and help our hair out for a bit.
Win, win ;)

While on this journey, I thought we could do some No Heat Tutorials.
Now, I know braids are all summers about. But, I'm so sorry. I am the worst braider god put on this planet. Its not my fault. I blame it on genetics. So, I'm not going to pretend I'm a pro at braids and fishtails and all those intricate things and just do some basic things you can do at home. I'll practice and report back to you though, I promise!

Day 1, A bangin' top knot. Because who doesn't love a good top knot? I have a tutorial on this hairstyle. It is the perfect lazy day but I still want to be put together look depending on how messy you make it. If you have read at least two of my blogposts you probably already know I don't like to get up in the morning so I like the most minimal effort styles. I wish I had hair again just looking at this picture is making me tear up a bit. Kidding not kidding.

Day 2! Just a cute classic twist--- Ya can't go wrong with that. Part your hair on the side. Then, whatever side has less hair start twisting all the way back and secure with a bobby pin. Then move the hair to hide any pokin out bobbies.

Day 3! For this style, I teased the root of her hair then brought a little less than half of the hair up in a pony. We secured it with a clip but you could with a bobby pin as well! This is awesome for summer because I don't know about you but it is to hot for all that hair in your face.

Day 4--- a turban! I looooooooove turbans. Especially for summer! I feel like it just makes everything look like you are so hip and you ain't even tryin. And like I said before it keeps the hair out of your face which is bomb.

                       
Day 5- a low bun! I kept the same part then brought it all behind the ear you have less hair on. Then, took my finger in front of the pony and wrapped it around my finger and secured it with a ponytail and pulled out some random pieces to make it look not so put together. I also took some pieces out around her face to complete the style.

Day 6!  A classic pony with a twist. This is  just effortless and perfect for those hot days in the sun. I used a middle part this time and put the hair into a pony. I took a piece inside the pony, wrapped it around the ponys base then secured it with a bobby pin. I pumped up the pony by grabbing two pieces and pulling and started pulling random pieces at the crown of the head and out completely around the face. Easy peasy. 

Last but not least, day 7. For this braided headband, take a piece of hair an inch thick behind your ear on each side and braid and secure with an elastic. Then, take one of the braids and pull it across your crown to your opposite ear and bobby pin it in place. Afterwards, take the other one and do the same hiding the other bobby pin and BAM you're done:)

How easy are all of these for Summer? I understand, they are pretty simple but just some ideas to help ya out with this challenge! Look out for some DIY hair masks soon! Hashtag #noheatsummerchallenge with your No Heat Looks! Maybe you all can help me braid hehehehe.
 p.s I just went back and read over the title: No Heat for the Week. Thats funny. Am I the only one that thinks so? Hope not. Ok, Im done rambling. BYE:)

No comments :

Post a Comment

FLOWERS IN EMILYS HAIR. All rights reserved.
Blog design by Labinastudio.