Wednesday, March 5, 2014

HOW I DISGUISED MY DRY, BRITTLE HAIR!



Heeeeeeeey Girlfriends! So I have been missing my long tresses a lot lately. Like a lot. Growing it out sucks. Then, I always get to thinking about how I had the worst long hair. It was deader than Abe Lincoln. You think I'm joking but I'm not... When I had long hair it was awful but I always disguised it so noone would know. I'm kinda a pro at it. I did everything to try to fix my split ends. But, at the end of the day just remember nothing can fix them. Hence, me cutting off all my hair. But you can mask them!

If you want healthier looking hair though-- 1st things 1st get a haircut. Sorry, I know you don't want to hear this but thats the only thing that will help!



ANTI-SNAP! ANTI SNAP WILL BE YOUR BEST FRIEND IN THE WORLD IF YOU LET IT! It helps smooth the cuticle to make the look of split ends look tons better and helps further more damage. It is the bees knees. I literally used to soak my ends in this every single day. 

I would ALWAYS air dry my hair. ALWAYS if I could. My hair just always looked less huge and frizzy if I just let it do its thing. I know this sucks but embrace your natural hair. I hated mine. Until I just started being lazy. HAHA. All of a sudden, the cool thing was (thank the lord) beachy natural waves. So just go with your hairs flow. Im sure its awesome. Use some sea salt spray and you're good to go!

If you do use heat- never forget a heat protectant. Just don't. Think about makin some nice old eggs. You always want to use Pam. Unless that'd just suck and ruin your eggs. Not using a heat protectant is going to do damage on your hair. I promise you.

Introduce some Awapuhi in your life. No joke. Every product in their line just literally makes anyones hair look 10 times more amazing. A great ones for my bland girls is the Shine Spray. This makes your hair look crazy beautiful and shiny. Who doesn't some shine in their hairs?!?

Use oil! Yes oil! Some Chi Silk Infusion your dry ends will suck that sucker up and look refreshed! I would put it in my hair when it was wet. Then, after styling.

As I tell you girls all the time, skip washes. Washing your hair everyday strips all of the essential oils out of your hair making it dry and brittle.

Use a leave in conditioner--- I used to use Healthy Sexy Hairs Soy Tri-Wheat Leave in Conditioner. Its on sale right now at Ulta for $10. WOOT! I put this in right out of the shower to work as a detangler. I would spray this all on my ends. Then ALWAYS take a wide tooth comb or tangle teezer and comb out my hair. Never use a brush. Start at the ends and work your way up. This helped a lot with the dry months when my hair was just awful.

Lastly, get a gloss! At my salon we have demi-permanent colors so they don't effect the cuticle (doesn't damage your hair) and it just brings back the shine and puts some depth into your hair! Book your appointments girls :)


Everything mentioned you can get at Ulta!*

I hope this helped your tangled tresses! But, make sure you get those ends cut regularly! Comment below and let me know how it works for you! Whats your favorite way of faking healthy hair?!?

No comments :

Post a Comment

FLOWERS IN EMILYS HAIR. All rights reserved.
Blog design by Labinastudio.