Monday, May 19, 2014

Makeup Products to Beat the Heat!


I don't know about you all but, I LOVE SUMMER.

Every single thing about it. I love the beach. Im a freak about laying out in the sun. I love tan lines.
I love the sun setting later. I feel like everything is just better in the Summer... 

Except makeup. Go figure my favorite time of the year is the worst for makeup. Your face is oily and sweaty. Makeup just rolls right off of your skin. I don't know about you but if I have a full coverage face on I feel disgusting. In Winter, I am all about the full face pack that right on. But no way, no how can I deal in hot weather. Most of the time I don't even wear makeup but, when I do these few products are it! 
I will have a disclaimer-- Some of these products are a bit pricy. When dealing with long wearing makeup you get what you pay for. There are a few drugstore things I love but these are my absolute go to! 

My makeup routine literally only is these products in the summer. 
I start out with Nars Tinted Moisturizer. This stuff is like your skin but better. It doesn't feel like anythings on your skin but still masks any discoloration or imperfections ya might have going on. Then I use Soleil Tan De Chanel with a big fluffy brush. This is a light creme bronzer and it is perfect for the summer to just do 3s and Es on your face and your good to go. You can even contour with this for a night out if you want! Its super light and again feels like your wearing nothing. But pricy! Then highlight your cheek bones up to your arch of the brow with Benefits Sun Beam for a nice glowy look. 

After your done with all cremes, powder! 

I like really clean looking eyes in the Spring and Summer so by using Tartes EmphasEYES in my waterline it just brightens up my eyes and makes them pop! Then follow up with your favorite mascara. I like Tartes Lights Camera Splashes, I loved the original one then they came out with waterproof and I could die and be okay now. Its amazing, no smudging and easy to come off! 

To bring everything together, some days I would wear just a nude gloss but to spice up my look, a matte bright pink lip stain is perfect. My favorite is by Revlon! 
*All of these products you can find at Sephora. 
Except Chanel you can find on Chanel.com and Revlon at your local drugstore or Target.


A nice natural look is always good for Summer! Light eyes, bronze skin and a bright lip-- Sounds good to me;) Let me know if you would like to see any other summer must haves and comment below your favorite!

No comments :

Post a Comment

FLOWERS IN EMILYS HAIR. All rights reserved.
Blog design by Labinastudio.