Sunday, January 5, 2014

Beauty Dictionary: Face Brushes!

 


Hi Ladies!! I am back with a new series called 'Beauty Dictionary'. I will be answering some of your beauty issues that you never knew the answers to! Today I am doing Face Brushes.. I get a lot of questions about which brush to use when and why. I thought maybe bringing all my favorite brushes in together and explaining them to you for example: when you use them, what part of the face, cream/powder, etc. etc. would be a lot easier to understand. Honestly, different brushes can change the look of any foundation. Brushes are essential in your beauty routine. There is no reason to use your fingers now a days or disposable sponges-- It is 2014 and brushes make your makeup look 100,921,098x better! With that said-- LETS TALK BRUSHES:)


From the top left to right to the bottom:

Real Techniques Powder Brush- This is my favorite for bronzing and to set my powder. You can find this at Ulta. I use this just for an overall bronzing not to be confused with contouring.. So when I just want some color I will sweep this in 3 and E motions on each side of my face where the sun would naturally hit..

Sonia Kashuk Double Ended Foundation Brush- I AM OBSESSED WITH THIS BRUSH! I have had it for like 3 years and I wouldn't know what to do without it. I use the foundation end for my fuller coverage foundations.. It is pretty dense and with a dense brush you are going to get a thicker application. I just think it makes my foundation awesome! You all know my obsession with my Beauty Blender-- if not you can read here-- one end is like a sponge material like my BB but you don't get this wet or anything like that.. I use this side to just blend out around my nose and eye area just so you can't see any strokes or anything from the brush. You can find this at target!

Mac 168 Large Angled Contour Brush-- I love this brush for contouring because with the angle shape I fee like it just fits right in the dip of your cheekbone. If you don't know how to contour check out my post. This will help a lot more with how this brush!

Sephora Pro Flawless Airbrush #56-- This is just a recent love of mine but I think it will be an essential for a long time in my kit. I use this for my foundation on a more everyday basis. It really provides a natural-airbrushed look to your foundation. I pat my foundation on my face then buff it out in circular motions with this brush and it looks faaaaaaaab;)

Real Techniques Stippling Brush-- I use this to blend out my contour and blush to make sure there is no hard lines! I also used to use this a lot for my foundation.. This is a very multipurpose brush! You can also use it to dab on your highlight right above your cheekbone-- Or to use a cream blush for a real flushed look. You can also get this at Ulta.

Sigma F25 Tapered Face Brush-- I use this for my powder blushes! I think its not a dense brush so it really makes my blush light and natural.

Sigma P86 Precision Tapered-- I love this for my concealer.. What I do is with my ring finger is tap the concealer where need be and buff it out with this brush. With the tapered head it really gets into all of the hard to get areas you couldn't get with a regular foundation brush. Its dense so it adds a lot more coverage-- which I need if I am using a concealer.

Nars Ita-- TELL ME THIS DOESNT JUST FASCINATE YOU! Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I am in love. I use this for nights out when I want a strong contour. Its not that dense but it really makes that sharp, clean line you are looking for when contouring. I first apply the bronzer with Ita upright to make a sharp line then take the brush sideways to buff it all out. Its amazing. Just believe me when I say this. You can also use this for highlighting as well!

Elf Kabuki Face Brush-- This kabuki brush has been my favorite for a long long long long time. It has withheld every punch and throw its gotten. It will never die I swear to you. I use this for bronzing and to set my powder.. Also to bronze my body! For a meer $5 YOU NEED THIS!

So lets recap-- A dense brush gives more coverage, a less dense brush is for a lighter coverage! I hope this helped a bit! Let me know in the comments or on social medias which brushes you like the most! :)


Elf and Sonia Kashuk can be found at Target!
Real Techniques you can get at Ulta.
Sephora and Nars Brushes you can get at Sephora.
Mac brushes are available only at Mac!
Sigma brushes are found on their website.



No comments :

Post a Comment

FLOWERS IN EMILYS HAIR. All rights reserved.
Blog design by Labinastudio.