Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Things I Learned From Roald Dahl


Here we go again, I'm ranting. But, I hope this can help someone. With Lent, I have really tried to think of something to give up. First I thought, soda.. (I already gave that up, so that would be cheating) Then, I thought, social media. (That would just make my blog and work suffer) So, no. I honestly, had nothing to give up. I have been going through a lot with my work and personal life and the one person I always come home to is my mom. She is miss perfect apparently because even if I had the most rough day and just want to vent-- all she does is say 'Emily, why all the negativity? If its negative, I don't want to hear about it' At the time... I might be mad. But, she's right. Why let people bother me? If they are bothering me and I go home to cry/complain about it they won. Why let this person or thing keep ruining my day? The more you think about how bad your day was, or how awful a person was to you, it just makes you more upset. The more you talk about how AWFUL that person is, that makes you just as bad.

So, on my binging on Pinterest, I saw this quote from the Twits-- I LOVED ROALD DAHL GROWING UP-- and thought, that actually is so right. Who would have thought that a book I read at what, age 8, would be such an impact on my life 14 years later. But, this is so true.



"If a person has ugly thoughts, it begins to show on the face. And when that person has ugly thoughts every day, every week, every year, that face gets uglier and uglier until it gets so ugly you can hardly bear to look at it.
A person who has good thoughts cannot ever be ugly. You can have a wonky nose and a crooked mouth and a double chin and stick out teeth, but if you have good thoughts they will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely."

Seriously though... You can be the most beautiful person in this world, but, if you have a bad personality at the end of the day, you wont have anything. None will want to be around you. Especially someone who is rotten and negative all of the time. You can be just a regular girl and be positive and funny and likable and people will want to be around you. Why let someone/something ruin that for you? People will see a bad persons true colors. You don't need to talk about a person for them to see it. What Sally says about Harry says more about Sally than Harry. This is something I need to work on. Not letting things getting me down and to get the positivity back. Everyone has feelings. Good person or not. So why hurt someone? Who wants to do this with me? I think it could be fun! Honestly, do not let anyone shadow your happiness. With the internet and social media now a days, it is so easy. Be positive. In every aspect of your life. 

Sorry again, about my rantz but, technically, per Roald Dahl, this is a beauty post. The secret to good skin and nails, don't take biotin, HAVE GOOD THOUGHTS :) Hehehe, but really, I will be back with my usual posts so soon :) I have tons and tons of amazing things coming this way, so keep your eyes open! I am so excited to share everything with all of you!

|| What did you give up for Lent?!


No comments :

Post a Comment

FLOWERS IN EMILYS HAIR. All rights reserved.
Blog design by Labinastudio.