Monday, July 27, 2015

Self Tanning Q&A



If you know me in real life, or have read my blog for a while, you know that I have been a spray tan addict since maybe 8th grade. When I started let me tell you, I made many, many, (did I say many?) mistakes. Fast forward a good nine or so years and I would say I am some what of a pro. Ok, I still make the casual mess up from time to time, but, I have learned a ton! I always get tons of questions about it so I thought I'd do a little *clap* Q *clap* and Slay *clap* in the wise words of Tyler Oakley.





Whats your favorite line of self tanners?
Definitely, definitely, definitely Loving Tan in ultra dark. Its a mousse from Australia and NOTHING beats it. It retails for $40. Its never streaky, lasts for days and provides the darkest but natural tan.

How do you prepare for a tan?
I shower. (Surprise I know) Shave my legs. (Another surprise) Lastly, I exfoliate. This makes all the dead skin go away so I get a perfect even base for my spray tan to adhere to. After I shower, I use a cocoa butter and heavily put it on my elbows, hands, wrists, knees, ankles and toes. Basically, anywhere dry. I don't rub it in completely leaving a tiny film behind.

How do you apply it without it getting streaky?
Again, exfoliate! But other than that, using a mitt helps wonders. That really helps buff the tan into the skin.

How do you get your back?
Either I grab a friend or I use Loving Tans back applicator! It comes with a long handle which makes it easy to get all the nooks and crannnnyz.

How long does your tan last?
I would say mine last about 4-5 days but it varies per person. A lot of people it lasts for a week!

What has been your biggest mistake with self tanning?
I think it would be not getting off my tan completely. For a while I would tan and once it started to fade I would do another coat on top. That made my tan so blotchy when it faded it was unreal. Now I learned to let my tan fade completely, or exfoliate it off, then do a new coat.

These have been my most asked questions but, if you have anymore feel free to leave them in the comments!
I hope this helps!


No comments :

Post a Comment

FLOWERS IN EMILYS HAIR. All rights reserved.
Blog design by Labinastudio.